question on cups

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 13 16:03:07 EDT 2005

Ay Steve, if one of us fitures it out, lets share the knowledge, I'm so
lost with this one. I have been hacking at this on and off for many
months and seem to just keep running in circles. I even went as far as
to remove the whole damned package and start over with no luck. I do
have Samba running on the box, but trying to avoid having the Mac print
via Samba as one day there will be no windows box for Samba to work
with.

David, I used the setup utility, but I'm running the printer off my
Linux box. The Mac is a laptop so its not practical to hang the printer
off it at this point. Cups is the problem for sure and I'm going to
figure it out cause its really pissing me off.

Oh Steve, are you saying the thing I'm looking for is in the web
inaterface itself or are you saying the docs on the web...grin Just
wanted to be sure I understood you or maybe you are saying the issue
lies within the section of the docs dealing with the web interface.