question on cups

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 13 13:21:09 EDT 2005

If anyone has worked with cups and could answer a question, I'd sure
appreciate it. I have cups setup and I have read the docs as much as I
can, but I'm having a problem. I can print locally, but I can not have
any machines on the network print to the printer. Now both my Mac and a
windows machine on the network can see the printer, but its as though
the machines on the network do not hae permission to print to the
printer. I've gone in to cupsd.conf and made sure that ports were
enabled, that the configuration was such taht printers could print via
internet printing.
I get no errors from cups so there's something else. Any ideas where I
can look or what areas I need to dig into more closely, would be
appreciated.