which program in Linux?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Sep 6 16:52:22 EDT 2005

  Greg,
  that was not what i meant, as to using anything i meant go anywhere you wish
  and be able to use speak freely.
  I am going to post the invitation, or some of it below.  the question is
  would there be a way entirely in Linux, to join this specific chat at this
  location if i so wished?
  take note of the specific step by step instructions provided.

  Karen

> From: Paul Edwards [mailto:edwpaul at comcast.net]
> Subject: Tuesday Topics: The relationship game
>

> This week on Tuesday Topics we return to a subject that was suggested during
> our programs on sexuality.  We will explore what the pros and cons are of
> relationships between blind people and of relationships between blind folks
> and sighted folks. Does it matter if the blind person is male or
> female? What about the characteristics of each of these four combinations of
> relationships?  Please join us a little before nine eastern tomorrow for
> this intriguing topic.  If you cannot come to our recording, tune in to
> ACBRADIO's Mainstream on Monday September 19th to hear the edited version.
> And now here is some information on how to get to Ourplace and what to do
> once you have arrived in the Politics Room.
> First open your web browser. Use whatever method you need to to get to the
> place where you type in a location where you want to go. Then type or paste:
>
> http://ourplace.acbradio.org
>
> When the page comes up:
>
> Go to the rooms list and press enter.
>
> Go to the Politics room and press enter.
>
> Use whatever approach your browser and/or your screen reader uses to allow
> you to go directly to a form or edit field that you will find on this page,
>
> If you need to do something so you can actually type into the form field, go
> ahead and do that. You may need to turn on forms mode with Jaws by pressing
> enter. If you are a Window Eyes user, press enter on a form field and your
> speech should say:
>
> M S A A off.
>
> Type your real name and press enter.
>
> If you are using the chat software for the first time, there will be a short
> pause while an application that will enable the Talking Communities software
> to work  with your computer is downloaded.
>
> Whether you are a new user or not, after a few seconds, you will be
> announced as having joined the session. That's all there is to it! You're
I will skip the other room information, as I think the  section above
should give you an idea if this can be done in Linux?