preventing slackware services from auto starting

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Mon Sep 5 15:50:46 EDT 2005

Whether or not you need it has to do with whether or not the script has
execute permition. If it does, then you won't need that. The period is
just another way of saying the word "source" at the beginning of a line.
Thus:

. /etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia stop

Is the same as:

source /etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia stop

Bash will run these whether or not the script has the execute permition
provided you have used "." or "source".

- --
It's not one damn thing after another, it's the same damn thing over and
over. (History repeats itself)
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net
Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7

And so it came to pass that on Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Steve Holmes said