pasting into read statement?

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Mon Oct 31 09:28:03 EST 2005

Are you sure that it actually didn't paste anything? I've seen some
instances in telnet sessions where hitting speakup with slash just
said "paste", and it looked like the paste never happened when you
reviewed the screen, but when I then hit enter, I found that the
pasted command or whatever actually did get acted upon.

Greg