New speakup 'Read All' Command in CVS for litetalk driver

MICHAEL MCDONALD MMCDONALD at aph.org
Wed Oct 26 11:58:22 EDT 2005

I have added a new command to speakup CVS for the litetalk driver.  It
is a read all command to make it easier to read thru entire documents in
applications that use the down arrow to scroll thru a document.  The
command can be accessed by using the 'speakup key' and the 'r' key.
Once pressed it should read thru the document line by line until a key
is pressed to stop the read all.  The shift will cause the speakup to
skip to the next line.

Currently this command only works for the litetalk driver, but I
believe it should be pretty easy to add support for other drivers
depending on if and how indexing is supported in different synths.  If
anyone is intersted in trying to add support for another driver I can
help you with it.

Also if someone tries to get this from CVS could you let me know if
everything downloads correctly.  I had to make changes to many different
files and I just want to know that they were all updated correctly.

Michael McDonald
APH