off topic: accessibility with mac stuff?

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Mon Oct 24 22:17:51 EDT 2005

I don't know if asking if coco apps will never be ported to windows
is the correct question.  That's like asking if visual basic programs
will be ported to the mac.  It's possible, but whether or not the
company that owns the app will do it is another question.  Having
said that, quick time (by apple btw) apps can be ported to run on mac
and windows.  If coded properly, it's possible to generate windows
and mac versions of the program from the same source.  Whether or not
this is what was done with itunes I do not know, but I have both
development kits, and the coding necessary to make compatible
versions for both is relatively minor.  So perhaps the question
should be, will we ever see voice over ported to windows.  I doubt
it, but I could see a time when it's a part of bsd or linux.  Wishful
thinking at this point, but I could see where it *could* happen.