playing dvds on the console,

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu Oct 20 12:30:29 EDT 2005

Oh man it's great what I do is mplayer -quiet -cache 512 dvd://1
That command means use the quiet flag, set the cache to 512 K (?) to reduce
choppiness and play the first title on the dvd, that's the 1.  The best feature
about playing dvds with mplayer is it completely ignores the complex menu
structure that our gui friends contend with.  You can just play title after
title for things like T.V. shows.
hth
Sean