zinf tips please

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Fri Oct 14 07:11:26 EDT 2005

I know lots of folks use and like zinf, so I thought I would give it a
test run here.

I installed zinf, zinf-extras, and zinf-plug-in-alsa on this Debian
system, and then looked in vain for clues in the documentation as to how
to get started. I found the "preferences" file which seems strategic,
but I don't see anything in it that I should obviously change. The man
page is not helpful, and there seems to be no help option in the
software itself.

When I do this:

zinf file.mp3

I get this:

The Download Manager cannot run as the primary ui
The musicbrowser cannot run as the primary ui
No UI plugin in '.:~/.zinf:/usr/lib/zinf' matched
'plugins/musicbrowser.ui' or 'plugins/musicbrowser.ui.ui.'
Zinf will quit.

I would appreciate some tips or references as to what to read to make
this thing work. Are the Debian packages the wrong way to go? Should I
get the sources and build it locally?

TIA

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh
or you could Jabber with me, using the JID chuckh at hhs48.com