downloading the Fedora disks of speakup

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 13 11:46:10 EDT 2005

At 10:09 AM 10/13/2005, you wrote:
>Why not just let them be slow and do something else while downloading?
>Why not just put it for downloading in a download manager to run in the
>back ground. Why not use something like get right?
>Why complain?
>Speakup and the servers that house it are free. Do you remember 14.4
>when it was fast? 28.8? 9600? Come on, stop being a modern internet
>spoiled brat.
Well, I  have no opinion as to wheterh it's bratty to complain about the
download speeds. but maybe we  can do something to speed it up.

I sent an email message to the contact for the mirror at the Comp Sci
department here at the University of Wisconsin.  See mirror.cs.wisc.edu.
They are already mirroring about a million things so maybe they'd be
willing to mirror speakup.

I hope I haven't over stepped my bounds. I wouldn't want to offend the
speakup developers.