pure frustration

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Oct 8 23:15:32 EDT 2005

Hi Dara,

I hope this is not the case but you could have a hardware problem.  The
newer sound cards are multi-channel sound cards.  A multi-channel card
should be able to play music and have software speech going at the same
time.  The older sound cards were single channel and could only handle a
single task at any given time.  Now if you had speech and music going when
that was a windows machine, then it's likely a software problem and may
need you to adjust settings on your sound card; could be you have stuff
adjusted so that other channels are running at 0% and if that's the case a
little work with a mixer program should solve that problem.  The rest of
your questions I'm not yet in a position to answer since I've not yet
installed gen2 over here, that's a project likely will get done in 2006.