interact.airmedia.org chat

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Oct 7 09:25:34 EDT 2005

Thanks for clearing up this misnamed technical issue.

A couple points ...

Java is NOT intrinsically graphical, it's object oriented. If properly
labeled, the Sun Java Swing classes can provide a mechanism for
extracting the needed data. There's even a java interface client for
ASCII terminals called charva for precisely that purpose. Charva is
written in an attempt to allow dumb ASCII terminal deployments to access
java apps, and could therefore also support screen reader needs.
Emphasis on could.

http://www.pitman.co.za/projects/charva/

I think the next question needs to be "What Java are they using?" Or, to
put it differently, is this written in Eclipse (pretty accessible--or
could be), or with Swing (also fixable), or some other Java?