patching a 2.6.13 kernel on a 64 bit system.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Oct 4 11:08:26 EDT 2005

Hi, Darragh:

This email is coming to you via a Speakup Modified 2.6.13 kernel on a
dual Opteron (64-bit) box. I've been in 64-bit land with Speakup
Modified kernels since June 2004. While we were initially unable to
patch FC4, I don't recall ever having a serious problem with FC3.

There have been sufficient changes in the kernel that Kirk has had to
re-engineer parts of Speakup, though. So, you might want to check with
him, and also with Bill Acker who does the Speakup Modified Fedora
kernels.