compiling latest cvs failed on 2.6.13 why?

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Oct 3 06:46:43 EDT 2005

Hi Patrick:  From your log of the things you did you didn't mention
running make oldconfig or make config or make menuconfig.  I suspect
you did but for the sake of completeness it should be included in the
bug report.  You also haven't mentioned whether you are compiling as
modules or into the kernel.  The only reason I point these things out
is that obviously it is crapping out but from the partial log of what
you've done it should have worked but it didn't.  So a much closer
examination is necessary of what was different on your attempt than
all the folks that have successfully compiled speakup with 2.6.13
myself included.  So please give us a tediously detailed log of what
you did or maybe just blow away the tree and start over for grins.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061