Required hardware forSpeakup

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 2 22:03:02 EDT 2005

I can't understand this ... Are you telling me that having 2 or 3 or 4
things talking to a sound card in linux, is that hard?

I want to be able to play mp3s, have software speech, listen to a blurb from
a website, and hear operating noises all at the same time, on the same sound
card.

I should not have to do a single extra thing to get something as basic as
that to work.

Is it really that difficult?

Take care,
Sina