Speakup in user space, why or why not?

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 2 20:03:30 EDT 2005

Correct

Basically ... Having your selected process start up with different terminals
is not an issue because all processes have init as their parent, if and when
their parent dies.

All one has to do is fork, have the child continue on and the parent exit.
Hence a daemon ... Well, there is actually a little bit more to a daemon, as
they should fork twice and exec to avoid  having a controlling terminal, but
... Same concept

Take care,
Sina