Required hardware forSpeakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Oct 1 12:23:31 EDT 2005

Having a hardware speech synthesizer expands your options, it does not
restrict them. Yes, you can do as you say, if you wish.

On the other hand, relying on software speech only severly restricts
your options. For example, you will find it more difficult to install
and and solve problems with your installation. You may need sighted
assistance in situations where having a hardwaresynth would allow you to rely
on yourself alone.