Routing Multiple Inbound IP Addresses -- How?

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 29 12:03:10 EST 2005

Aha, I got you.

Ok, I need to look at iptables  rules, since I'm not up on them, but yes ...
This is possible.

Basically, what you want to do is have a gateway to more than one IP. This
is the inverse of a multicast IP which sends information that it receives to
multiple IP's, you sore of want it the other way ... Multiple IP's get
information but they go to a central location; however, you want to retain
the information of which IP it was sent to.

Now, I do have one question still. You do want to use NAT, correct? So at no
point in time do you want these computers to have public IP's? except of
course for your gateway ... Is that correct?

The reason I ask this is because it's the difference between talking about
pass throughs, and talking about redirection.

Take care,
Sina