chmod

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Wed Nov 16 16:02:19 EST 2005

File upload/writing is likely controlled in your ftp server
configuration--simply changing directory access bits with chmod will
not do it.  You will need to look over the configuration file for
whichever ftp server you are running (vsftp, proftpd, etc.) and make
adjustments there as recommended in the file or in the server
documentation.  By the way, I hope you are not planning on letting
everyone in the world upload an infinite number of unlimited-size
files to any place in the ftp directory tree on your system--could
fill up the file system there pretty quick if the wrong people start
uploading spam or other trash there.

HTH, and have a _great_ day!