Openwrt questions

Jim Kutsch jimkutsch at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 20:11:06 EST 2005

Scott,
I was the one who posted about OpenWRT with Verizon PPPoE.  I'd be glad to
help you get set up.  I've reposted the info you were asking about below.

Jim Kutsch, KY2D
Morristown, NJ

-- repost ---
There have been several postings here recently about DSL modem
configuration. In case it's helpful, below is the list of URLs that directly
access the various configuration pages on a Westell Wirespeed 327W.  Getting
to these from the main page at 192.168.1.1 is very speech unfriendly.  But,
by going directly to these addresses, all of the options can be configured.
Initiating new DSL service (at least with Verizon) can be accomplished
completely through these addresses and an external web account setup page,
all without installing any software on home PCs.

Also, the Westell can be placed in bridge mode and connected to a Linksys
running OpenWRT.  The required PPPoE service runs in the Linksys and
everything in the home network can then be configured via command line
interface to the Linux OpenWRT firmware in the router.

Westell may use these same addresses on other DSL boxes besides the 327W .

Westell Wirespeed 327W configuration pages:
http://192.168.1.1/singleStaticIP.htm
http://192.168.1.1/ethwancfg.htm
http://192.168.1.1/nat.htm
http://192.168.1.1/fwMain.htm