bookport usability?

Tyler Spivey tspivey at pcdesk.net
Sun Nov 13 15:01:12 EST 2005

>From my experience, the Bookport must have its files transfered via
Windows. In the latest 2.1 firmware, mp3s can be transfered native
without the transfer software - I think it has some drawbacks though,
not sure. Still, BP Transfer's handling of html files is atrocious,
requiring you to have Microsoft Word, and to be connected to the
internet for some files that require an xml schema or something. I found
this to be unacceptable, so converting html files with lynx is the way
to go for me.