verizon dsl problems resolved

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Nov 7 01:58:40 EST 2005

The DSLCHOICE file was nothing more than an error report.  I think the
reason dhcpcd needs running with verizon is to populate /etc/resolv.conf
with the proper nameserver addresses.  The connection was good enough this
time to download the debian sarge stable speakup disk from shane's site
and the download for a change was error-free!  The one question I have is
connected to the netinst install scripts.  The script repeatedly tried
getting file lists from security.debian.org before a dsl connection could
be established.  Is a keyboard command available to tell the installer
stop trying we can't do that yet and move onto the next item?