a Debian Question

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue May 31 14:38:52 EDT 2005

One question, did you issue the command fakeroot make-kpkg clean or make-kpkg
clean as root?  Fakeroot is a package you need to install.    2.6.11.7 built me
a working kernel on debian from the kernel source on kernel.org.  I don't know
what is in sid.Remember when making speakup for 2.6 kernels you do make
mrproper, then ./install from the speakup source directory, then your prefered
make config or make menuconfig and finally the make-kpkg commands.