a Debian Question

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon May 30 22:03:09 EDT 2005

Hi.

I have a 2.6.11.7 kernel running with speakup.  I decided to use the
kernel.org sources instead of the Debian source.  Make-kpkg worked fine
for building it.
There is a Sid kernel-source-2.6.11 available, but I haven't tried to
patch it with speakup or build it.

It sounds like the make-kpkg script is looking for some files it expects
and isn't finding them.  Unfortunately, I don't know what files might be
missing.
You might want to check and see if the kernel-tree package got
installed.  It should have been installed with the kernel-source, but
you never know.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny