missing Grub entry

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sun May 29 17:19:39 EDT 2005

I've looked on my system and I don't see any kernel 2.6.8 something.
Did you build this yourself?
You don't edit the boot loader manually during the installer.
Didn't you read the installation manual?

Now, I'm confused.  Did you call the 2.6.8 kernel you built "something".
"speakup" or "text"?

Why would you possibly think su would help you with a Knoppix CD?
Maybe you should go read before just doing.  Your message shows you
haven't bothered.  All of this message is answered in the Debian
installation manual, the speakup specific readme for Debian on the
speakup site and the Knoppix documentation.

          Kenny