Speakup or dectalk, and the answer?

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Sun May 22 20:37:58 EDT 2005

Hi:
I had a similar problem with my LTLK.  The infrared port on my laptop
would cause problems with com1 and speakup would not speak.  I don't know
if they were sharing IRQ's, but disabling the infrared port fixed my
problem.  Have you tried going in your BIOS and looking around for the
com3 that you don't have?  Some times motherboards will not have an
external port for a device, but the chipset supports it anyway.  Maybe
just a quick look in your BIOS will fix your problem...

HTH

David B.