yum extra servers for getting packages and latest rpm of nano for fedora core 3

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat May 21 23:40:48 EDT 2005

Hi, I got my fedora core 3 system back running again with the speakup
kernel.  I was wondering where I could get information on yum servers and
how to contact the fedora project on redhat because some packages should
be updated to the most stable and latest stable versions like nano?  Where
can I get a nano-1.2.5.i386.rpm file because fedora core 3 only contains
1.2.4 and I want the latest version that is stable in rpm format?  Also,
looking in the services section in setup I see yum is a choice as a
service to start automatically when my system boots, is it recamended to
start this service for automatically updating and will it update
automatically like it does when I do yum -y update & then logout to let it
update in the background?  I also in /etc/rc.d/rc.local have a line that
reads /usr/bin/yum -y clean all is this a bad idea on boot to have yum
clean packages and headers?  bye

--
My web page is at http://www.nickgawronski.com.