alsa

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue May 17 14:08:58 EDT 2005

Do you get sound without doing the modprobe?  Read the documentation at
alsa-project.org to see what modules your card needs.  I don't know if discover
will help here as I haven't seen messages from it in the dmesg output when I
boot 2.6.  You can load some modules using /etc/modules but I'd read the debian
documentation to see what the prefered method is.