dec talk express prices?

John McCann lists at jamsite.us
Tue May 17 12:57:30 EDT 2005

Hi Karen:

Well, as has been remarked on already, prices do vary widely. I was
attempting to acquire one for the longest time; pouncing every time I read
of one being available, only to find that someone else had found out about
its availability first. Now, one development that has caused the prices of
used DecTalks to come down is the availability of the new DecTalk USB, which
can also operate in serial mode. IRTI was having a christmas promotion last
year which enabled me to acquire a DecTalk USB for $645. Then, I learned of
the availability of a DecTalk express, and while I now had a brand new
DecTalk capable of working in serial mode, I did, figuring you can never
have enough hardware synthesizers, acquire the used DecTalk express for $300
plus shipping. The seller was both honest and maticulous about the care of
his DecTalk; it was, and is, in pristine condition.

Given the availability of new DecTalk USBs, I wouldn't pay more than
$350-$375 for a used DecTalk express.

HTH!

John