Alsa and Intel 810 chipset

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue May 17 07:10:00 EDT 2005

Handling simoultaneous audio output streams on cards that don't mix
audio in hardware is the job of dmix in alsa. Beginning with alsa 1.0.9,
dmix is the default configuration.

I would agree about keeping oss emmulation in alsa, as Adam says, for
many years still.

I don't know about zinf, but I can say I've stopped using it. mplayer is
sufficient for me.