kernel panic after booting with new kernel 2.6.11.9

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat May 14 22:28:04 EDT 2005

Hi, I have fedora core 3 and just installed a new kernel from kernel.org
with speakup latest cvs version.  I had the kernel configure script load in
my existing configuration file for my fc3 kernel to help me upgrade and
built speakup and dectalk express in the kernel as well ans ext2 and ext3.
No initrd image because none is needed.  I installed the modules then
editted grub.conf changing the file name to the new kernel's name but
removing the initrd line.  My new kernel boots just fine but them I get the
error Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown -block(0,0) I have the fedora core 3 4 cd set from cheapbypes so how
can I fix the problem with out having to reinstall all over again?  bye
My web page is at http://www.nickgawronski.com