Getting speakup to work again!

Lists lists at paultraynor.com
Tue May 10 10:58:04 EDT 2005

Hi,
I  recently had some new updates downloaded to my Fedora PC. Now when I load
up the PC my speakup no longer works. The only thing that comes out of the
speech synthesizer is something like the word "at" but nothing more after
that.
I am using an apollo synth. There is no problem with the boot up sequence
itself just that speakup is not working. I am starting a Linux course for
beginners in the next 3 weeks and was hoping to have my speakup learned
enough to help me do this course as I am a pretty poor  novice of the Linux
program and how it is used. I really need help with this. I can boot up to a
command prompt but no speech works at any point during the boot up.
Many thanks for any help.

Paul.