speakup and serial synthesizers

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon May 9 23:49:34 EDT 2005

Hi.

Have you tried using modprobe -r to remove the speakup modules and then
modprobe to reload them?

I've found it best to change the default synth to none before
disconnecting a serial synth in speakup 2.0.

I have never been able to successfuly disconnect and reconnect a serial
synth like you could with speakup 1.5.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny