linux distro question

Eric Kosten ekosten at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 9 09:14:20 EDT 2005

Recently I went to a linux group meeting locally, and they were giving away
a distro called Ubuntu.  From the docs on the cd, it seems to parallel
debian in some ways.  I want to know if anyone has tried speakup with this.
They seem to speak to access to their software by all,  e.g. the following
snip from the docs:
Ubuntu is a complete desktop Linux operating system, freely available with
both community and professional support. The Ubuntu community is built on
the
ideas enshrined in the Ubuntu Manifesto: that software should be available
free of charge, that software tools should be usable by people in their
local
language and despite any disabilities, and that people should have the
freedom to customize and alter their software in whatever way they see fit.

Eric