killing off loged in users wasRe: Sending Text to Synthesizer

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sun May 8 11:24:05 EDT 2005

Hi.  I'm sure there's more than one way to do it, but try

who

The who command will tell you all the users loged into the system.

Then use

ps aux|grep username

Substitute the user you want to kill for username.  Notice the process
id for everything running as that user and to

kill -9 pid

Play around and see what happens.  If you take out the bash process for
the user on a specific tty, you will usually kill every other process on
that tty.
Like I said, play around and see how it will work.  I'm probably not
explaining well, but you will see what I mean by playing.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny