More and more puzzled

jaffar at jeffstudio.net jaffar at jeffstudio.net
Fri May 6 22:35:58 EDT 2005

Hi Friends.  I have downloaded and installed the latest firmware and software drivers for my dectalk express.  Dectalk express is working fine with windows.  It is capable now of speaking, both window eyes and jaws.  the dectalk express demo seems to work when brought up at the command prompt.  It is connected to com port 1, or ser0 in linux language.  However, Speakup still can't talk to it.  I am hopelessly puzzled at this point.  I do not believe that there is a flaw in the bios setting because the com port wouldn't work otherwise.  I tried installing both Fc3 and slackware as a trial, and i get no speech at all from both.  If someone can help me pinpoint this problem, i'll be extremely grateful.  Cheers!