fc3 install issue

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu May 5 22:01:09 EDT 2005

Good. And you have executed the chroot command, yes? So, you have an
different prompt than before the chroot command?

Next question is, do the Speakup*.ko files exist in
lib/modules/2.6.9-1.681_FC3_spk1/kernel/drivers/char/speakup/?

You should see them all there, e.g., speakup_acntpc.ko, speakup_acntsa.ko, speakup_apollo.ko, etc.

I am going off line until tomorrow now. Worst case scenario, I think,
provided that the modules are all present, is to reboot and load Speakup
by hand after logging in. Not as tidy as building the initrd before the
reboot, but should be workable.