fc3 install issue

Eric Kosten ekosten at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 5 19:17:23 EDT 2005

Hello all! When trying a fresh install of the speakup fc3 disks of build
2.6.9, I see the following situation when trying to make the initrd:
following these instructions

2. Change to the directory that contains your new installation by typing:
cd /mnt/sysimage and pressing --ENTER--
3. Now, restrict your view to your installation by typing the following
command. Notice that your prompt changes when you do this.
chroot . Be sure to type the period just as indicated--it's part of the
chroot command, and remember to end your command by pressing --ENTER--.
4. Next, change directory one more time by typing:
cd /lib/modules
5. Now, make a new initrd with Speakup by issuing the following command.
Where this command has {TAB} you should press the TAB key. Don't actually
type
{TAB}! And, where we have {synth.keyword}, replace this text with the
correct sSpeakup word for your speech synthesizer. As always, end your
command with
the --ENTER-- key.
/sbin/mkinitrd -v -f
/boot/initrd-{tab} --with=pcspkr --with=speakup_{synth.keyword} {TAB} and
then press the BackSpace key to remove the slash character
from the end of your command.

error as follows:
 looking for deps of module  pcspkr
looking for deps of module speakup_synth=dectlk
  no module found for speakup_synth=dectlk for  kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3spk1,
aborting

Again, this install includes all four disks, as in cd media and I hit the
space bar on all which put the * char infront of the choice.  Any help is
appreciated.
Eric