at a loss

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu May 5 17:58:19 EDT 2005

Going back to this orriginal thread, When your decktalk stops speaking, or you
tell it to shutup,what does speakup say when you hit the read current line key?
The bootup process will say a lot of what may seem  to be useless information.
Have you tried specifying the speakup and text parameters but not the specific
serial port?