How do you figure out what your root file system is?

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Thu May 5 15:38:57 EDT 2005

Try the '-T' (upper case) command line parameter instead.  For
example, on my system, the following command produces the given
results:

df -T /
Filesystem    Type   1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1     ext3     9851308   7922528   1428360  85% /

As you can see, the root file system on my computer is type 'ext3'.  I
am running Slackware 10.1 with kernel 2.4.29 here, and found the '-T'
option in the df man page by running the following at the system
prompt:

man df

HTH, and have a _great_ day!