gnopernicus and gnome

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu May 5 12:31:50 EDT 2005

I don't know a simple way to tell for sure, but:

rpm -q gnome-session

should be pretty accuarte, I think.

The default with FC3 is gnome 2.8.

Updating is not trivial, and I would only do it with a backup, if I
actually relied on it. On the other hand, if you don't really rely on
the desktop, there's nothing to lose.

You might want to consider using the current test release that will
become Fedora 4 eventually. That would give you gnome 2.10.