speakup fedora core howto

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Sun May 1 18:08:53 EDT 2005

Hi,
This is the attitude below that turns off the new user!
Quite often the user has know idea where to rtfm as you put it.
If you are going to refer the user to documentation it might be a good
idea to refair them to a section of the manual explaining what ever it
is they are asking about.
Also not every user understands what the manual is talking about.
As far as gnopernicus goes I do not see a manual page nor a info page on
it.
It is not covered in any of the users guide I have seen so far.
So where do we go to rtfm as you put it.
Remember experts out there that you were a new user once.
Also remember experts out there that in one place you are an expert in
others you might be a novus.
Remember experts who have decided to be teachers andsuporters of the
program that reading manuals is good but a person needs to know what
manual to read.