speakup fedora core howto

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun May 1 10:56:16 EDT 2005

I have tried running gnopernicus in personal desktop type install and also
in workstation type mode as well as server type.  The personal desktop and
workstation types failed completely.  The software was put onto the system
to run, but no speech in either of those installation types.  tried both
telinit 5 and startx.  Startx so far doesn't work in server type over here
but telinit 5 did work.  I expect the custom type to do no better than
personal desktop or workstation. The startx command never gets to the
short beep on any of these installation types.