moving /var and /home to a new partition

Steve Dawes sdawes at telus.net
Thu Mar 31 09:10:24 EST 2005

Adding the new mount point to fstab is quite easy. What I do is:
1. mount the new partitions
2. make sure it is working the way you want it too.
3. read /etc/mtab and look for the entry related to the new mount partition.
4. copy the related entry from mtab into fstab.

Note, I do not type the entry into fstab, I read the entry in using with my
editor to avoid any chance of mistyping it.

Steve

Steve Dawes
Calgary Canada.