Building speechd-up

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 31 01:53:03 EST 2005

Have you read the Debian reference manual?  From your mail, it would
seem the answer is "no".  You really should read it because it will make
problems like yours easy to solve.
Yes I have read all kinds of manuals. That being one of them the apt-how
to an introduction to linux quite a few others.  I have been reading
this list and manuals for 16 hours a day for the last month. I did not
see a thing about speechd-up speakup or any thing like that in these
manuals.
None of the packages I had to install except for libtool witch I had
already installed and then some how it got uninstalled when I removed
some thing else was michened in the install of speechd-up I followed the
directions to the letter when I ran in to problems I documented my
problems as clearly as I could and asked for ideas also as the
directions said to do.  Your recommendation of going back and reading
the manuals is a good one and will do that as soon as I get the software
speech working but this accent is not mine and has to be returned to its
owner so getting it configured at this point is top priority.
Thanks.
In case you already deleted it, you need to install libspeech-dev.

to understand why, go read the Debian reference manual.  Learning
specific things about Debian will save you a lot of questions in the
future.

I already see another message from you that you would not have needed to
write if you would just read the manual. Hope this helps.
          Kenny

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 04:39:18PM -0800, jim grimsby wrote:
> Hi, ok found what I was missing was libtool. Installed it with the
> following command.  Apt-get install libtool
>
> The  next step is
> ./configure && make all make install
> I get an error about one of the speech libraries needed is missing.
Yes