Building speechd-up

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 30 21:49:38 EST 2005

Hi, when I echo the software synthasizer command to synth_name like this

Echo sftsyn > synth_name
It informs me that it is loaded the module and still speaks from the
accent.  Am I correct that this means the module is not there.
I then do the following to see what the new synthasizer name is
More synth_name it shows that the synth was still set to anctsa
I then just for kicsk did the following
Echo decpc > synth_name
Speech stop tell I set it back to the accent again.  So in other words
this device is there.
Then to test my assumption I did the following.  Echo jim > synth_name
It reported that it was loading the jim module witch I know does not
exist and still spoak from the accent so I then did the following
More synth_name
It reported acntsa
So I believe I can safely say I do not have the module and it is not in
my kernel.  Now I have to figure out how to get it with out  braking
what is already working.
Thanks.