Debian installer questions with speakup

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Mar 28 13:27:16 EST 2005

First of all, how much of the speakup commands do you have available to you
during installation.  Do you have the ability to change rate, echo, key echo,
etc.?  At the main screen of the installer, do you have a /proc/speakup
directory or some equivalent?  How do you toggle cursoring on/off on a laptop?
Specific to the installer:  Some dialogs are yes/no dialogs.  You hit your
up/down arrow to sycle between the choices, but speakup just says yes no for
both choices so you have no idea which one you're on.  On my desktop, it seems
yes was the first choice, on my laptop, no was the first choice.  Can you just
hit y or n to activate choices?  Furtherdown on the main screen, you have the
option to de select modules you don't have that it detects.  How to you
de-select these modules?  There is also another option where you can do
something like exclude x0a or something like that, you have to type it in I
suppose, how will speakup notify me that I'm at the edit prompt?  Finally on my
del inspiron-600M, speakup says that I have a broken bios and the apic
interpreter won't be enabled.  Will this cause problems and what kinds?
thanks
Sean