A program to get the time information

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Mar 27 18:04:40 EST 2005

jim grimsby writes:
> Hi, I would like a program that I could setup that will get the time
> from the internet every boot up would be enough any ideas.  Also I want

You probably already have rdate and/or ntp. And, if you don't already
have these, you can certainly get them for your distribution of Linux.

> a easy to use email program that works well with speakup that will allow
> me to sort messages by subject and when you delete a subject it will
> delete the messages in that subject.  Want it to be easy to configure
> work well with speakup and easy to use thanks.

Well, I always get nervous when people give out a list of features, but
insist things must be easy, because I'm of the belief that easy and
feature rich are rather antithetical.

So, I won't comment about easy. I will tell you that most of us on this
list use either pine or mutt for email. You probably already have mutt,
or could easily get it for your distro. Mutt would be my recommendation,
but pine is a good choice, too.

Whether you use mutt or pine, you'll need to tweak the configuration in
order to make the mail program blind friendly.

PS: In mutt you can delete a thread of messages by pressing ctrl-d. Is
that what you would call easy?

PPS: To edit the mutt configuration, you edit a text file. Pine has a
built in configuration editor.