Speech dispatcher again

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 24 22:11:26 EST 2005

Yes spd-say is the command to use to send text threw speech-dispatcher.
Say -a " " is the command to use to send text to the dectalk and is how
speech-dispatcher sennds commands to it.  Flite and festival have there
own commands also.  You can address any loaded modual threw
speech-dispatcher like this spd-say -o flite "testing again"  replace
"testing again" with what ever text you want  speech-dispatcher to send
to the requested software module.  Remember you can only send out put to
modules that you have loaded.  In the speech-dispatcher configuration
file.
Hth