Speech dispatcher again

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Mar 24 09:10:33 EST 2005

There are precious few issues on LInux that would be helped by a
complete reinstall. I think you bring this approach with you from
another OS you've been using in the past?

As for sound cards, there's far too much variety in them, and far too
much still unsettled around how they're managed in software to make it
easy to resolve these kinds of issues. This is most certainly
unfortunate, but I do believe it is true today.